25 Website Widgets to Embed in 2023
In 2023, 71% of companies worldwide have a website, and 43% plan to invest in it. And this is not surprising. With the transition to online commerce, the website has become almost the primary source of income for many businesses. Therefore, entrepreneurs and retailers are developing new strategies to increase website conversions and sales.
Website widgets are a vital part of this strategy today. Data from a million Duda sites says that websites that use widgets have an average conversion rate of 4 times higher than those that don't. Therefore, if you still wonder how and why to use widgets, this article will come in handy. We will give you a website widget definition, provide its 25 examples for different purposes, and show why the Claspo widget builder is the best solution for you.
Table of Contents
A website widget is a catchy block that can be inlined in a specific place(s) on the page or appear automatically in different parts of the screen when visitors enter your website. It serves various purposes, from notifying visitors of your updated working hours to promoting your limited-time offers.
Some popular widget examples include event countdowns, visitor counters, digital clocks, and daily weather updates. While they may seem intricate, integrating these widgets requires copying and pasting specific code. Leveraging such widgets can significantly boost user engagement and transform a basic site into a more interactive platform.
Website widgets are always in visitors' view and stand out from other content. That's why website owners often use them to grab attention from the first seconds and communicate important information that shouldn't get lost between paragraphs.
Another benefit is the easy process of embedding a widget on a website. With Claspo, it comes down to copying and pasting a code block into your website, which does not require advanced coding skills and a deep understanding of your website host's entire code framework.
It is probably impossible to fit all types of widgets in one article. Therefore, in this list, we have collected those that can benefit your business the most.
The countdown timer widget is an excellent solution for promoting limited-time offers or discounts. It shows precisely how much time customers have left to perform some target action, thus encouraging them to make decisions faster.
When the countdown timer tends to zero, it raises your customers' fear of missing out (FOMO) and makes them buy now so they don't regret a missed opportunity. According to the survey, FOMO encourages 60% of online shoppers to buy impulsively. On average, this widget has a conversion rate of 8.07%, while the non-timer widgets - only 3.7%.
Popups with a built-in countdown timer by Claspo can increase CR by an average of 112%!
Based on Grade.ua partnership case study.
- Pre-design templates. Claspo offers over 80 ready-to-use templates with built-in countdown timers. Thus, you can choose the one that best suits your purpose and website design.
- Easy adding a countdown timer. If you are creating a widget from scratch, you can drag the countdown timer component anywhere in your layout right in the editor.
- Time settings. Select your offer or promotion's end date and time and the desired time zone. When the timer shows 00:00:00, your widget will stop displaying automatically to avoid confusing website visitors.
45.6% of website visitors say they are annoyed by the large number of website widgets. The slider widget is your anti-annoyance solution. You can show multiple products, discounts, or special offers in one animated slideshow. Thus, you reduce the number of widgets but still convey your messages to customers.
- Unlimited images. You no longer need to choose which image to put on the widget as you can add as many as you want in PNG, GIF, or SVG extension.
- Three display orders. You can display slides in sequential or random order. Plus, you can set one random image per view. In this case, customers see a new slide every time the widget slider appears.
- Custom slide rotation. You control how fast the slides on your widget change. Set an appropriate slide interval based on the average session duration on your website.
Exit intent widgets appear when visitors intend to leave your website and move the cursor away from it. The purpose of these website widgets is to keep them at least or, at the most, to motivate them to make a purchase. And it works great. Medium reports that you can increase your conversion rate by 5% - 10% using this wait-wait widget.
- Unique hook. Claspo exit intent widget templates have different messages, each designed to interest leaving prospects. However, you know your audience better. That's why you can always add your unique message to your widget and enhance it with a promo code, a powerful call to action, a catchy image, or whatever.
- Simple display rules. You can easily set up your widget to be displayed only to visitors who try to leave. To do this, select the appropriate condition on the "Triggering" section of Claspo's builder.
With the Calendly scheduling web widget, customers can quickly book appointments on your website, improving their experience and loyalty to your company. By taking care of customer convenience, you contribute to your sales, as the online scheduling option can increase your number of new customers by 26%.
- Integration with calendars. Calendly syncs with your calendars (e.g., Google Calendar, Outlook, or Microsoft 365) to ensure that available time slots are accurately displayed and prevent double bookings.
- Individual scheduling links. Using Calendly, you get a unique scheduling link you can share with your customers. Invitees can click the link and choose a suitable meeting time from the available options.
- Custom meeting types. You can create different meeting types based on your needs, such as one-on-one meetings, group meetings, or specific event types. Each meeting type can have its own settings and availability options.
Adding a great deal widget on a website can be a game changer for your business. Research shows that a great deal is among shoppers' top priorities (if not the main).
74% admit that discount is the main factor in online shopping, 94% look for a good deal before buying, and 75% refuse to buy when they get to the checkout because of the cost.
- URL targeting. With Claspo, you can add web widgets with different deals to specific pages. For example, a discount range widget might be displayed on the homepage, while widgets with an exact discount might be placed on related product pages.
- Personalized offer. You can only show the great deal widget to cart abandoners and notify them that the items in their cart are now available at a discount. In another scenario, you can place a promo code directly on a widget and only show it to existing customers. With Claspo's advanced targeting, anything is possible.
This type resembles a great deal widget. It also offers a discount or promo code, but, in this case, only to prospects in exchange for their contact details. The effectiveness of this widget is explained by the fact that 80% of shoppers are ready to make their first purchase from a brand new to them if it offers them a discount.
- Targeting settings. You can customize your widget so that it is not displayed to those website visitors who have already left their contact details to avoid confusion.
- Integration with ESP and CRM. Thanks to Claspo's 5000+ integration, you can be sure that all data will be automatically transferred to the system of your choice, and prospects will go further down your sales funnel.
If your business operates offline, why not help customers find you with the Google Maps widget? It shows where your store or office is located and lets customers get directions quickly and easily.
- Unlimited maps. If you have several branches and offline points of sale, you can mark all of them on the map and let the customer choose the closest one.
- Mobile-friendly. Maps work great on the mobile version of your site and allow your customers to find you on the go.
- Unique design. To ensure consistency, you can customize your map's look to match your website's design.
89% of customers read reviews about a company before making a purchase. At the same time, 81% check first of all Google reviews. With Trustmary, you can place a Google reviews widget on your website and thus help your prospects make their buying decisions faster.
- Quick import. You only need to connect your Google Business page with Trustmary. Afterward, Trustmary will automatically transfer all reviews to the application for publication, management, and storage.
- Style consistency. Your web widget adopts the styles of your website, so its look fits into the overall design.
- Automatic update. As soon as new reviews appear on Google, they are imported into the application for subsequent publication.
Today, 47% of shoppers abandon their carts if an online store charges extra for shipping. Therefore, placing the free shipping widget on the website removes a vast barrier between customers and purchases. At the same time, even if you are ready to offer such a bonus only when buying for a certain amount, it can also work great. 78% of shoppers are willing to buy more to avoid shipping costs.
- Custom location. You can display the widget on the homepage to draw visitors' attention to free delivery from the first seconds. Also, you can add this widget to a specific product category or product page if this offer applies only to them. Finally, you can only report free shipping to customers who have made it to the checkout page to dispel all their doubts.
- Data synchronization. Add an email input field to your widget if a customer can only get free shipping by signing up. As soon as the next prospect is signed, we will forward their email address to the email marketing service of your choice so you can notify them that free shipping is now available.
Always test different types of widgets and use cases, as this is the only way to figure out which widget is best for your audience. Testing widgets will help increase CR by 2-3 times!
Based on Grade.ua partnership case study.
As the name suggests, these website widgets are always associated with some special season or day like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Cyber Monday, etc. Statista reports that the holiday seasons account for 27 to 35% of retailers' annual profits. That is why most of them try to attract as many customers as possible to their online stores.
The holiday widget will help you succeed in this competition. It can promote your holiday offer or bestsellers on the homepage or throughout the site during the season and attract shoppers looking for gifts and discounts.
Campaign Scheduling. Holiday discounts are often limited in time, so web widgets must be displayed while your offers are valid only. With Claspo, you can specify your campaign's start and end date in the settings, and we will turn the widget on and off with no delays automatically.
Social media web widgets are designed to promote your social media profiles on your website and navigate customers to their chosen platforms with one click.
Forbes reports that 77% of companies use social media to build customer relationships and enhance brand awareness. If that’s the case, this widget on a website will help you turn visitors into followers and increase their engagement. Besides, it affects your sales. According to Retail TouchPoints, 76% of customers bought a product they had previously seen in a brand's social media post. So, if your customers get acquainted with your bestsellers ando offers on social media, they are more likely to return to your site to make a purchase.
- Display social media icons. With Claspo, you can add unlimited icons to your widget and provide customer interaction on all your social media platforms.
- Full customization. You can change the appearance, height, and width of each icon. We also have a built-in icon gallery in the editor for your convenience. So, for example, you can type “Facebook” into the search bar and choose the icon design that suits you best.
- One-button solution. If your online strategy includes only one social media, you can use one redirecting button instead of many icons.
If social media is an essential part of your online strategy, you can draw even more attention to it with the Social Media Feed Widget by EmbedSocial. Using it lets customers preview your social media profile and the latest posts.
- Various templates. Thanks to the pre-design templates, you can choose how to display the social media feed on your website widgets.
- Moderation. You can control which posts appear on your website.
- Synchronization. The EmbedSocial widget can sync with the five most popular social media. So, you can display different feeds depending on your preferences and their importance in your strategy.
You can encourage customers to share your website content on social platforms through dedicated widgets. This tactic has several advantages. 88% of customers trust social media recommendations more than advertising, 81% report that a social media post from family or friends sparks their interest in a brand, and marketers say word-of-mouth can double sales.
ShareThis allows you to create a widget that encourages the social sharing of your website content.
- Social sharing buttons. ShareThis provides 45+ customizable buttons that can be easily added to your website or blog. These buttons allow your customers to share content on different social platforms quickly.
- Inline and sticky widget. You can embed your website widgets with sharing buttons next to products or article titles to make them visible. Also, you can keep them anchored so customers can share the content as they scroll down the page.
Elfsight’s before/after website widgets allow you to visually showcase to prospects the results existing customers have achieved with your product or service. Using it, you stir up interest through the wow effect, prove the effectiveness of your product or service, and create an emotional connection as the prospects may recognize themselves in the "before" picture and want the same result as in the "after" picture.
- Interactive element. You can display two images nearby, allowing users to move a divider and see the before and after versions. It creates an interactive and engaging visual comparison experience.
- Captions and labels. You can add descriptions and explanations to your images. For example, you can tell what techniques or tools you used to achieve the result.
9 out of 10 US shoppers use online payments; if they can't pay quickly and easily, the risk of an abandoned cart increases. Alternative Payments allows you to create a payment widget for a seamless checkout experience.
- Localization. Thanks to the geo-location system, your widget can show payment options, currency, and language that match the customer's location.
- Payment options. Customers can choose a convenient payment method right on your widget, saving them time and improving their experience.
- Branding adaptation. You can customize the look of the payment widget to fit your branding and website design.
With a subscription widget on a website, you can collect prospects' email addresses to keep them updated, build trust, and sell them your products or services through the newsletter. Entrepreneur reports that the website widget helped them increase their subscriber count by as much as 86%. The more subscribers, the more sales your next email campaign can bring to you since website visitors who left their emails are leads interested in your product and potentially ready to buy it.
- Сustom input fields. With Claspo, your subscription widget can collect any data about prospects besides their email addresses. Add the required data input fields to your signup form and get more information.
- Email domain checker. If potential customers mistake spelling domain names, Claspo will correct them before the email addresses enter your subscriber list.
- Business domains. If you want to collect only business emails, specify it in the settings and get the targeted subscribers.
- Content preferences. Let the customer choose what topics they want to see in your newsletter. Drag checkboxes to your layout in the editor and add all available options.
Lead magnet web widgets also invite prospects to share their contact details. But unlike the above subscription widget, it offers a specific free perk (i.e., a lead magnet) in exchange for their email address. The most popular perks are e-books, whitepapers, and webinars. Lead magnet widgets can boost your signup rate by an impressive 100%!
- Reinforce your message. Adding a video or image can make your lead magnet widget more appealing. This way, you show the customer what they get in return for their contact details. For example, use a picture of an e-book or a webinar preview in your widget.
61% of visitors are only willing to spend 5 seconds on a website looking for the information or product before bouncing. With today's online competition, you risk losing a potential customer if you don't give them what they want quickly. With the simplest search bar widget, you can meet the buyer's timing and get them to the right content or product.
- Convenient search. You can set up sitewide searching by any query and sort the search results by relevance.
- Custom design. You can display the search results page as a grid, list, or masonry and add a quick search view in the results area.
According to Forbes, 77% of customers are more loyal to brands that collect and consider their feedback. People like to be heard. That is probably why feedback website widgets have an average conversion rate of over 12%. You can create one with Hotjar.
- Various feedback options. You can ask your customers yes or no questions and open-ended questions. For your convenience, Hotjar has a bank of ready-made questions that you can drag and drop into your widget.
- Advanced tools. In addition to text feedback, your customers can add a screenshot to show you what they liked or didn't like visually.
If customers have questions or issues during their website journey, resolving them as quickly as possible is in your best interest. 60% of them expect to get a response in 10 minutes or less. Otherwise, they will leave your site and are unlikely to return.
The contact button widget lets customers contact your support team quickly and easily. Some contact button widget examples only contain a call-back option, while others offer multiple ways to get immediate help.
- Clickable buttons. Add any communication tools to your widget and assign a link to each to quickly redirect customers to your support team.
- Customization. Change each button's shape, size, and color, and use the built-in icon gallery to find the desired button design quickly.
- Launching other website widgets. Let's say a customer has selected a call-back, among other options. In this case, you can easily redirect it to the next widget, asking for their phone number. Just create both widgets in the Claspo editor and run one after one by choosing the "Action-on-click" in your contact button widget settings.
You can use Intercom's chatbot widget alternatively or in addition to the contact button website widgets. This chatbot can answer your customers' most common questions and offer them help center articles to resolve issues quickly. According to Intercom, this speeds up the first-response time by 68% and automatically resolves 33% of typical questions.
- Built-in safeguards. You can be sure that this bot answers questions based solely on your support content and does not mislead your customers with third-party or outdated information.
- Communication with a human. If the chatbot finds it challenging to find an answer automatically, it will redirect customers to your support representatives for a better experience.
- Triggered messaging. Specific user actions or behaviors can trigger your automated messages. It helps engage and assist visitors proactively, improving customer experience and conversions.
According to Hubspot, giveaways could increase the number of new customers by 34%. But only if prospects know about your giveaway and can easily participate. It is possible with the giveaway widget. It attracts website visitors to your contest, announces the grand prize, and gathers their contact information to enter. This way, you get interested participants and new contacts in your subscriber list.
- Add an image. Adding grand prize images to your giveaway website widgets can increase your click-through rate by over 25% and your email signups by as much as 63%! Upload images from your computer, enter the image URL, or search for the desired image in our built-in photo stock.
- Integration with ESP systems. Claspo integrates with the most popular email marketing services, including MailChimp, SendGrid, and MailerLite. Thus, you can be sure that not a single email address left by the entrants of the giveaway will be lost!
A video widget on the website can provide you with high visitor engagement and increase time spent on the page by 88%. Video material is easier to perceive than text and always attracts more attention. According to the survey, 87% of marketers confirm that video has increased sales for their business, and 74% report that video outperforms static images on return on investment.
- Easy video addition. To add a video to your Claspo widget, you only need to enter the appropriate YouTube link into your layout.
- Design customization. If your default video cover doesn't suit you, you can replace it with any custom one. The same goes for the play button.
- Sound in autoplay. You can choose whether your video will play with sound when the widget appears, or customers can unmute it themselves.
The pre-order selling strategy has several benefits for online retailers, including increased sales and stronger customer relationships. Pre-order website widgets, in turn, can do a lot for this strategy.
First, such a widget on the homepage ensures that all visitors see the pre-order option immediately. In addition, it can quickly and easily redirect visitors to the new collection page to check out future arrivals or the pre-payment page directly.
- Custom input fields. You can specify all the necessary customer data using the widget, and therefore, you do not need to create a particular form for collecting pre-orders on the site.
- Data transfer. After pre-ordering, Claspo transfers all the entered data to your trusted CRM or ESP platform for further successful interaction with the customer.
The social proof concept implies adapting consumer behavior following the majority's actions. Simply put, if customers see that other shoppers like your brand and choose it, they are more likely to buy from you.
Social proof website widgets can notify customers about recent sales of a particular product or other shoppers' activities in your store. This hook adds credibility to your brand and appeals to customers' FOMO as they don't want to miss out on what others have already approved or bought.
Advanced display rules. You can show your social proof widget once the customer visits the product page. In another scenario, you can display it when they spent a specific time on the page or were inactive for too long.
Individual approach. Claspo is always here to help. If you want to display a social proof widget on a website, we can create it in 3 working days or less according to your wishes. Let's boost your conversions together!
Claspo widget builder focuses on conversions, cares about user experience, and respects your time. Here are just some of the exclusive features that can help you succeed.
Intuitive Drag-and-Drop Editor
Whether the above widget examples inspire you or you come up with a unique idea, you can bring it to life with Claspo's simple editor.
Just drag and drop the desired components into your layout and improve your design with a few clicks. Instead of puzzling over complex display rules implementation, check the boxes in the "Triggering" section and move on!
Even if you are a beginner or a first-time user, you can create your best website widgets with Claspo in no time.
Overlapping Protection & Annoyance Safeguard
Your strategy might include multiple cool website widgets. With Claspo, you can display them without harming the user experience:
- Using our annoyance safeguard, you can set a silent interval in minutes or seconds between your widgets and display them one by one.
- You can also set it to show only one widget per session to save the user from information overload.
- Finally, if your website widgets must be displayed simultaneously, Claspo will prevent them from overlapping, saving the user experience and making every message visible.
Your e-commerce platform may operate in different countries, but it does not mean all your web widgets should be shown in all these locations. With Claspo, you can set up your widget to be only displayed in the countries you choose. Is the special offer widget only for US customers, but the free shipping widget only for buyers from the UK? It is possible with Claspo!
Your product downloads may by increased by 48%, and the conversion rate may be increased by 26.7% in just 6 months of working with Claspo!
Based on Devart partnership case study.
UTM targeting turns widgets into a powerful tool in your overall online strategy. With Claspo, you can display your widgets depending on which marketing campaign brought customers to your site. For example, your email campaign lured loyal customers to your website with an exclusive offer. By specifying the appropriate UTM parameters in the widget settings, you can be sure that your personalized message will be displayed only for the selected audience segment.
Dynamic Language Settings
Deliver the best experience for your multilingual audience. Create one widget with your message in different languages. After that, each customer will see your widget text depending on the language of their browser or the language they choose on your website.
The success of your website widgets must be visible. With Claspo, you can track the number of conversions and subscribers each brought you in real time. For better data management, you can transfer your widgets' performance metrics into a single data storage repository of your choice. 5000+ Claspo integrations puts you in complete control of customer behavior.
You may have many worries, but creating high-converting widgets is not one of them. With Claspo, the entire process from start to publication of website widgets can take only 3 minutes. Check it out by watching our video and learning all the basic steps below.
Click on the "New Widget '' button and choose whether you want to create it from scratch and use one of Claspo's pre-designed templates.
Select your desired purpose, widget layout, theme, and industry using the filters in the sidebar.
You can edit every template element as well as add or remove any components to fully customize your widget to fit your website design and page layout.
Upload your desired image or choose the one from our extensive built-in library.
Claspo has carefully set the optimal default display rules, but you can always change them with a few clicks.
Integrate Claspo with one or more services for fast and accurate data transfer.
Copy your widget script and embed it following one of our step-by-step guides below your ready-made code.
You can test your ready-to-use widget and even send a test link to another stakeholder to ensure everything looks and works great.
Publish a widget on a website in one click and prepare for conversion growth!
Today, more and more online stores use widgets for websites. And for good reason. First, they are guaranteed to attract visitors' attention against the background of other content. Therefore, your essential notifications, discounts, or offers will definitely be noticed. Besides, the widgets show a promising conversion rate. This way, you have a better chance of turning visitors into leads and customers.
By choosing Claspo with its unique editing, targeting, customization, analytics, and integration capabilities, you are guaranteed to harness the full potential of widgets and get the most out of your website.
Do widgets work on a mobile device?
Yes, Claspo widgets are responsive to the mobile version of your website. Moreover, you can always preview how your widget looks on a mobile screen in our editor and, if necessary, change its height or the length and size of all its elements.
What if I have trouble embedding the widget on my website?
You can follow one of our guides explaining how to embed the script via Google Tag Manager, WordPress, or the Claspo extension. They are located in your account right below your ready-made script. Or you can contact us, and we'll do it for you for free.
Can I A/B test my website widgets?
Yes. Specify test name and description, select two pre-made widgets, set the display ratio for each variant, and get started!